Read about Different Types of Piercings below and chose which could be perfect for you. Must read about Piercings Care Tips.
Different Types of Ear Piercings: This is probably the most accepted and most popular. Earlobes could be pierced in different ways and different earrings are worn. Some are deliberately elongated using bigger earrings for this express purpose. Healing process is relatively easy to deal with considering the location of the piercing.
• Ear’s cavity lock: typically, a piercing is carried out using flap needles for a little range piercing.
• Industrial: This variety of piercing consists of any two holes linked to one jewelry.
• Tragus: This is usually piercing done of the tiny bit of skin on the outer side of the skin, across the ear cavity.
• Anti tragus: This method piercing is on the inside of the ear’s cartilage to wear a piece of jewelry
Eyebrow piercing: An Eyebrow piercing is as the name suggests just on the brow. As this type of piercing may take a while to heal, fewer people are going for it. It is also likely to snag of clothing and hair making a difficult task to maintain. This type of piercing gained popularity with many singers getting it.
Another type of piercing that became popular in the anti-eyebrow piercing that is below the eye on the upper part of the cheek.
Piercing of the Nasal area
This type of piercing is quite prevalent in the current times. Once again depending on how adventurous you are feeling you can get different parts of your nose pierced. Her are some of the best Aftercare Tips for Nose Piercing.
The different types of nose piercings include –
• The bridge: This works out to just below the eye level on the bridge of the nose.
• Nose tip: Usually on the upper part of the nostril
• Austin: Named after the person who first wore it, is a horizontal piercing on the tip of the nose.
• Nostril: A piercing is done one or both the nostrils to wear jewelry
• Septum: Piercing a hole between the nostrils
• Septril: Done on the lower side of the nose’s tip.
Mouth and tongue Piercing: This type of piercing on the lip takes about a couple of months to heal and needs special care during this time period. The lip piercing is usually in the middle or the side of the lip. In case a ring is inserted from the inside of the mouth, care should be taken for alignment with teeth to cause minimum harm. A small ring adds a sensual and attractive look to the wearer when done right. With tongue piercings, the healing period is quick, though the process of getting it done can be very painful. As the process is painful and it impedes speech and taste, a tongue piercing is not the preference of many, this in spite of many precautions taken during the process.
Types of lip piercing: In common parlance lip piercings are known as bites.
• Angel: On each side of the upper lip
• Cyber: A medusa with a lip ring placed beneath
• Spider: Two piercings placed into each other on the same side of the lower lip
• Poisonous snake: On the lower lip on the both sides
• Viper: On the lower lip, two piercings really far apart
• Anti bite: Combination of Angel and Poisonous Snake Bite
Monroe or Madonna: Made to look like a birthmark that is a reminder of the one Marilyn Monroe has, it is usually done on the centre above the upper lip. Normally labrets with a long bar are used for this type of piercing. This became popular due to Marilyn Monroe, Madonna and Cindy Crawford.
Insertion of Tunnels: This is luxury version of piercing. These are special tubes that are inserted into tongue, lower lip or the ear. It is usually done in a painstaking manner and that too in stages. The width of the tube inserted is usually widened gradually. Special procedures are done for those who are in a hurry to cut down on the usual waiting time.
Navel or Belly Button Piercings: A popular choice for women as it accentuates the sexy curve of the navel; it has now started appealing to men too. The healing time for such a piercing can be quite long and needs some special attention
|Belly Button Piercings|
Piercing of the mammary tip: In other words, nipple tip piercing. It gained popularity as it increases sexual pleasure due to heightened sensitivity. Over the years when nipple piercing was associated with bravery and other achievements, today it has gained popularity due to its kinky appeal. It can be a really arduous process to get it done considering the sensitive location.
You may have this done in several directions and a ring or ball may be inserted in the piercing.